Thursday, September 26, 2013

Antiquing Never Thought Id List THAT As a Hobby

Antiquing: I Never Thought I’d List THAT Like a Hobby Weddingbee Ideas??Support Sign up???Login?? Engagement Date: March 18, 2012Date For The Wedding: October 2013Venue: Bittersweet Farm, Westport, MAAbout Me: I am a type-A, Colonial girl with ethnic roots from Ireland and Italia to Portugal and Canada getting married to one hundredPercent Portuguese stud. My love runs deep in my dear, dysfunctional Red-colored Sox along with a great cup of clam chowder. Fall is my personal favorite season in Colonial,Alfred Angelo 2234 which is ideal for our October wedding! I really like Mr. Jet (obvs!), our cool chihuahua Bruce Banner,White One Tigris everything Harry Potter, and old-school Saturday Evening Live. I am a traditionalist in mind, but a really forward-thinking inked bride. I can not wait to Mr. Jet my hubby and begin the following chapter in our lives together! Slainté! Antiquing: I Never Thought I’d List THAT Like a Hobby June eleventh, 2013 @ 10:37 am by Miss Jet Setter Share
I was raised within an antique shop. Not necessarily, but the house always felt like one. I recall having fun with old metal vehicles like a kid along with a vintage Playskool barn that my grandmother stored in her own loft.My loved ones has always appreciated antiques, and they’ve always taken great proper care of their stuff. A lesson I learned too well, when i panic after i break a plate I purchased for $3 at Ikea.
A couple of days ago, my father and that i visited the Brimfield Fair—the country’s biggest outside antique festival that runs for 3 days in May, This summer, and September. I, getting wedding around the brain constantly, were built with a couple of ideas of products I possibly could look out for—a card box, vintage bottles of wine or crates, or some awesome signs.
Brimfield is around an hour and half from our town, therefore we hit the street at 6:00 AM to obtain a good parking place and first dibs around the early-bird deals.
(All photos are personal)
Brimfield in an ungodly hour. Hardly anybody there yet!We trolled more than 100 vendor stalls within the next five hrs approximately, even though my father stored striking the truly amazing deals, all I happened upon was garbage such as this: These scare me towards the depths of my soul.I had been feeling just a little disheartened until I spotted a stall with vintage milk crates stacked to the top tent. There have been a lot of beautiful wood and metal crates with old local company logos etched around the sides. I sifted via a couple of, and spotted this person full of wooden frames: Moooo!Ta-da! Within the eleventh hour, I discovered our cardbox? Unsure just how I’ll set this up yet, but it’s an excellent mixture of modern and rustic using its satin wood and gal steel frame. I can’t wait to include this onto our tables it’ll add depth and character as our visitors arrive to the reception place! How would you react with this particular guy? Tags: decor, westport Share
Latest Gallery Photos Related PostsAntique Purchases

No comments:

Post a Comment