Thursday, September 26, 2013

Secret Life of Bees Mongoose Edition

Secret Life of Bees: Mongoose Edition | Weddingbee Ideas??Support Sign up???Login?? Engagement Date: November 19th, 2011Wedding Date: May 2013Venue: Hotel Nelligan in Montreal, CAAbout Me:I was born and raised in Queens, NY (though you would never know due to my lack of a "real" New York accent) but currently live in Connecticut with my fiance. Anyone who knows me knows that I have a crazy obsession for planning and organizing things, so it comes as no surprise that I'm currently obsessed with planning our wedding. I love dancing,Aire Barcelona Belinda music, traveling,Aire Barcelona Rizo reading fiction novels, cooking, the color blue, cupcakes, all things space science-related and TV shows created by Joss Whedon and J.J. Abrams. My fiance and I have been together for seven years and are so excited to finally get married next year. We are planning a peacock-themed destination wedding in Montreal, one of our favorite cities in the world, with 100 or so of our closest family and friends. While we may look very different on the outside, we have eerily similar personalities (probably due to the fact that we share the exact same birthday) and share very similar passions. But above all else, we love each other and love to have FUN!!! Secret Life of Bees: Mongoose Edition June 12th, 2013 @ 3:29 pm by Mrs. Mongoose Share
Hey there hive! I’ve been getting the bloggin’ itch while patiently awaiting the pro photos from our wedding photographers. So since I can’t really start my recaps without those, I’ve decided to get in on some of the ongoing bee blogger series. I thought it would be fun to share some little known facts about me with you guys so…here we go!
1.) Hi, my name is Mrs. Mongoose and I’m addicted to music.
OK, so I know this is no where near
a little known fact if you’ve been reading my posts these past few months. But I’m not sure I’ve accurately explained the full extent of my obsession with music. It all started when I was a little Mongoose and used to record music off of the radio using cassette tapes. (Where my ’90s peeps at?? You KNOW you used to do the same thing!) The first CD I ever owned was Pocahontas—my sister bought it for me when I was 10. The first concert I ever went to was Madonna in 2004—and that’s when I became addicted to live music. When I met Mr. Mongoose in 2005, he introduced me to most of the indie rock artists I know and love today (Arcade Fire, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Bloc Party, etc.).
I’ve been to six three-day music festivals (one in Austin, two in Chicago, and three in NYC) and would still like to make it to Coachella before we have kids. Besides the festivals, I can’t count how many shows I’ve been to—I’ve seen some of my favorite artists as many as six times live. I listen to music while doing everything (in fact, I’m listening to a Lost
soundtrack right now—that show had some beautiful instrumentals which I consider good writing music). I listen to music while cooking, cleaning, working, blogging, in the car, on a train, on a plane, on the beach—I listen to music pretty much all the time. In short—I.LOVE.MUSIC.
All photos personal
At All Points West (a short-lived NYC festival) in 2008, right before seeing Radiohead for the first timeAt Lollapalooza in 2009At Austin City Limits in 2011
2.) I am a lefty. And DAMN proud of it! Even if I always get those annoying ink stains on the bottom corner of my hand. Supposedly my mom tried to make me righty when I was younger, but I was VERY persistent on being a lefty. Must be that stubborn Taurus in me.
6/12/13 @ 4:37 pm?(reply) ? 2. Bee Mrs. Mouse (message)??5,983 posts, Bee Keeper
I’m pretty sure I was at that ACL Fest, Mrs. M! I wanna go to Coachella too eventually. And Bonaroo, but I don’t think I’m hardcore enough to camp there. You have awesome taste in music!
6/12/13 @ 4:49 pm?(reply) ? 3. Bee Mrs. Genie (message)??587 posts, Busy bee
Earth signs FTW! I am also one of those people whose astrological sign pretty much fits them to a T. I don’t really believe in horoscopes but it’s fun to look every so often!
6/12/13 @ 5:42 pm?(reply) ? 4. Bee Mrs. Pony (message)??8,505 posts, Bumble Beekeeper
I’m a lefty Taurus too
6/12/13 @ 6:32 pm?(reply) ? 6. Bee Mrs. Sword (message)??758 posts, Busy bee
Love these posts! I’m like the opposite of you in regards to listening to music all the time and attending concerts, although I’ve been to Lolla once and it rained out so we left early. Fail.Space camp looks awesome!
6/12/13 @ 6:36 pm?(reply) ? 7. Member sarg88 (message)??254 posts, Helper bee
omg!! so jealous!! i always wanted to go to space camp!
6/12/13 @ 7:08 pm?(reply) ? 8. Member eichanist (message)??4 posts, Wannabee
My fiancé totally got me into Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Battlestar Galactica and Angel. I also love Chuck, Alias, The Big Bang Theory, and Supernatural. I follow the Marvel and DC Comic movies obsessively (Superman is almost out, eeeee!<3 data-blogger-escaped-about="" data-blogger-escaped-and="" data-blogger-escaped-don="" data-blogger-escaped-games="" data-blogger-escaped-get="" data-blogger-escaped-my="" data-blogger-escaped-p="" data-blogger-escaped-started="" data-blogger-escaped-t="" data-blogger-escaped-video="">
So as you can see – all-around nerd, right here!
6/12/13 @ 8:43 pm?(reply) ? 9. Member sealevels
(message)??1,283 posts, Bumble bee
Lefties, unite!
6/12/13 @ 9:18 pm?(reply) ? 10. Member Beltacular (message)??46 posts, Newbee
I went to spacecamp too!
6/13/13 @ 6:18 am?(reply) ? 11. Bee Miss Waterfall (message)??67 posts, Worker bee
Love it! Space camp sounds awesome btw, and not at all nerdy
6/13/13 @ 6:43 am?(reply) ? 12. Bee Mrs. Mongoose (message)??519 posts, Busy bee
@Miss Jet Setter:
@sealevels:
@Mrs. Pony: Go lefties!! And yay Mrs. Pony for being a Taurus as well!!
6/13/13 @ 7:00 am?(reply) ? 13. Bee Mrs. Mongoose (message)??519 posts, Busy bee
@Mrs. Mouse: No way!! That was an awesome, awesome fest! Arcade Fire and Kanye were amazingggg. I couldn’t do Bonaroo either though–I can barely deal with using port-a-potties at the fests, so I couldn’t imagine camping out for 3 days LOL.
6/13/13 @ 7:01 am?(reply) ? 14. Bee Mrs. Mongoose (message)??519 posts, Busy bee
@Mrs. Genie: Hahaha I just find it very interesting when you read some of this stuff and you’re like whoa, that’s pretty much who I am. Granted I don’t believe at ALL in daily horoscopes–but just the characteristics and traits of people born under certain signs seem on point something.
@Mrs. Bracelet: No way, that is so freaking cool!!
@Mrs. Sword: @sarg88: It really was a great experience–I’m glad my parents indulged me and let me go.
6/13/13 @ 7:06 am?(reply) ? 15. Bee Mrs. Mongoose (message)??519 posts, Busy bee
@eichanist: Ahh yes!! I can’t believe I forgot to put Battlestar Galactica on my list–that was an awesome show. And that’s so cool that you come from a family of musicians (and they you are marrying a singer!)
@Miss Waterfall: Hey if you are there longer than a week, you can get away with saying you lived there! Plus that’s awesome that there was no language barrier for you, what with the French-speaking and all
I can’t wait for your recaps!
6/13/13 @ 8:17 am?(reply) ? 17. Member Mz2handgrip (message)??78 posts, Worker bee
You should definitely check out Summerfest here in Milwaukee…11 day music festival…one of the largest in U.S.!!!
6/13/13 @ 8:20 am?(reply) ? 18. Member bridesmomma (message)??895 posts, Busy bee
My daughter (who is your age) wanted to go to science camp so badly! I still feel a little guilty I didn’t let her go!
@Mz2handgrip: Mr. Mongoose is from Waukesha and he’s told me allabout Summerfest!!! Yet I’ve still never been You can also just...
more in Blogmore by Mrs. Mongoose (oldest)
Copyright 2004-2013, Weddingbee.com
? ADVERTISE WITH WEDDINGBEEFind your vendors on Weddingbee Find: BandsBeauty & HealthCakesCateringCeremony MusicDJsDress & AttireEvent ProductionEvent Rentals & PhotoboothsFavors & GiftsFlowersInvitationsJewelryOfficiantPhotographyPlannerTransportationTravelVenuesVideographyUnique Services Near: function trackForm(category,action,opt_label,opt_value){ trackEvent(category, action, opt_label, opt_value); trackClick('venor-widget'); setTimeout('document.vendorsearchwidget.submit()', 200);}cmap = {};cookies = document.cookie.split('; ');cookie_len = cookies.length;for(var i = 0; i Favors by Weddingbee Favors by theme Favors by season Personalized favors Shop Now ? Mrs. Mongoose Engagement Date: November 19th, 2011Wedding Date: May 2013Venue: Hotel Nelligan in Montreal, CAAbout Me:I was born and raised in Queens, NY (though you would never know due to my lack of a "real" New York accent) but currently live in Connecticut with my fiance. Anyone who knows me knows that I have a crazy obsession for planning and organizing things, so it comes as no surprise that I'm currently obsessed with planning our wedding. I love dancing, music, traveling, reading fiction novels, cooking, the color blue, cupcakes, all things space science-related and TV shows created by Joss Whedon and J.J. Abrams. My fiance and I have been together for seven years and are so excited to finally get married next year. We are planning a peacock-themed destination wedding in Montreal, one of our favorite cities in the world, with 100 or so of our closest family and friends. While we may look very different on the outside, we have eerily similar personalities (probably due to the fact that we share the exact same birthday) and share very similar passions. But above all else, we love each other and love to have FUN!!! How geeky and AWESOME would this be (Harry Potter Fans)37number of commentsAugust Bees - This is a Vent Friendly Zone9number of commentscake pop and lollipop favors (packaging?)4number of commentsWhat would you do? Teacher Career Question9number of comments
turquoise Wedding DressWToo by Watters SALE Stunning Photobooth Background
A Hot Air Balloon Ride Gone Awryby wellreadfoxTHE DRESSby sc00bertBreakfast At Tiffany's Bridal Showerby Mz2handgripMy DIY CARDBOXby vero24 Abbreviations Bathroom basket Boudoir pictures Bridal shower Bridesmaid Bridesmaid gift Candy buffet Color scheme Day of coordinator Engagement pictures Gocco Hair trial Out-of-Town bag Planning timeline Save the Date Trash the dress Wedding day timeline Wedding reception AdvertiseAbout WeddingbeeBecome a BloggerCommunity GuidelinesContact UsEditorial & PrivacyFAQTerms of ServiceRSS FeedFollow us on twitterLike us on FacebookFollow us on Pinterest ? (function(d){ var js, id = 'facebook-jssdk'; if (d.getElementById(id)) {return;} js = d.createElement('script'); js.id = id; js.async = true; js.src = "//connect.facebook.net/en_US/all.js"; d.getElementsByTagName('head')[0].appendChild(js); }(document));accessoriesannouncementsaustinbeautybridal-showerbridesmaid-dresscakeceremonychicagocolor schemescraftsdallasdecordiydressengagement picturesfamilyfavorsFeaturesflowersfoodhairhoneymooninvitationsjewelrylos-angelesmakeupmenswearmusicnew-yorknewportphiladelphiaphotographypicturespittsburghpost-weddingpro picsrecapreceptionregistryrelationshipsringssacramentosan-franciscosave-the-datesseattleshoesstationeryVenueswedding-dress#iblogounify_div { text-align:center; clear:both; padding-top:20px;}

No comments:

Post a Comment